Because I’m feeling awesome at the moment, I decided to dive into the mountain of awards and tags I’ve been linked to for the past few weeks. And it is just fitting to start off with the Awesome Blogger Award. It is a great pleasure for me to be nominated in such an award and I would like to thank James of This is My Truth Now for the nomination. And if you haven’t check his blog yet, I’m telling you, it is time to do so.
The award was created by Maggie at Dreaming of Guatemala who stated:
This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Include the reason behind the award.
3. Include the banner in your post.
4. Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
5. Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
6. Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
7. Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
8. Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated.
1. What book best describes your life right now?
I’d say Ella’s Ice-Cream Summer by Sue Watson. Ella moved to another town (in my case, country) to build a new life and keep things afloat by her hardwork and sheer determination. And though I am not putting up an ice-cream café, I am venturing into something new and risky and I am hoping to make it work like Ella did.
2. What makes you immediately feel connected to your characters? Answer either as a writer or a reader.
A good sense of humor. If a character made me smile/chuckle/giggle, I am sold.
3. What do you do with 3 hours of free time when no one knows about it?
Oh, god, I do it everyday, I sit in front of my laptop and watch Filipino series and shows. They are not in any way can match up to the US series but I guess it’s one way to deal with homesickness, I feel like I’m home.
4. There’s a million dollars in a bag under a tree. You can take it and no one will know, but you lose 1 year of your life. Do you do it?
If it’s there for the taking, then yes! I’d ask my husband to quit his job and invest half the money and spend the rest living the life we dreamed of.
5. You must transfigure to an animal for the remainder of your life. Which one?
A panda, maybe.
6. One of your favorite authors asks you to help edit their next book. Do you do it?
It would be exciting and an honor to edit a book of your favorite author, but I think I’ll pass this one. It will give me so much pressure to totally enjoy the experience, I guess.
7. A genie in a bottle — lame, I know — offers you one wish. You have to choose between the following two. Which one and why? (a) a pill that will cure any illness or (b) a clock that can be turned back by 24 hours to prevent a disaster.
If it’s a clock that can prevent any disaster then I’d choose that since there’s always researches going on for new breakthrough cure.
8. A family member has a secret that will change the world’s perception of you. You have the ability to lock them in a room never to be seen again. Do you do it?
I don’t think so. I can’t think of a secret so bad that it will make me lock up anyone from my family.
9. You find the Fountain of Youth and it offers you an opportunity to bring 2 people with you. Who do you choose?
This one is hard. I can’t choose only two!
10. You have the opportunity to erase this post from your WordPress site, and I’ll never know you chose not to answer these questions. Would you do it?
Nope. Though it was tempting! 😁
1. What is your favorite food?
2. TV series or movie adaptation?
3. Where are you from?
4. If you could choose a skill you can master, what would it be?
5. Any summer plans?
6. You can choose five artists/bands you’ll watch in one music festival, who are they?
7. What’s on top of your bucket list?
8. Beach or mountain?
9. Least favorite social media platform?
10. Aside from reading, what else do you do on your free time?
Noriko of Diary of a Bookfiend
Harini of Books and Readers
Lovelene of These Trapped Words
Aly of Book Huntress’ World
Stephanie of Stephanie’s Novel Fiction
There you go! You guys are not in any way compelled to do this, so no pressure. For those not nominated, feel free to participate and tag me so I can read your post. Have fun!